A Systematic Review of Trauma-Focused Interventions for
Domestic Violence Survivors
(2 CEU Hours)
INSTRUCTIONS: Please review the course text and preview the course post-test linked below. It is recommended to print a copy of the course post-test preview and mark your answers as your read through the text. When you are ready to complete the course, click the “Complete Post-Test” button and complete the course post-test. You will able to print or save your certificate after completing the post-test.
Course Author: Bryan Glazier, PhD, LMFT, LMHC
Course Text: Warshaw, C., Sullivan, C. & Rivera, E. (2013) A systematic review of trauma-focused interventions for domestic violence survivors. National Center on Domestic Violence Survivors. Retrieved from www.nationalcenterdvtraumamh.org
Through the completion of this course, learners will gain awareness of what is Intimate Partner Violence and the application of trauma-focused intervention in working with IPV survivors:
- Define Intimate Partner Violence (IPV).
- Examine symptoms of IPV survivors.
- Explore trauma-focused interventions.
- Identify the application of trauma-focused interventions for IPV.
- Review potential recommendations and cautions for practitioners.
- Intimate Partner Violence (IPV)
- Epidemic of Intimate Partner Violence (IPV)
- Definition of Intimate Partner Violence
- Potential Presenting Symptoms Experienced by Survivors of IPV
- Potential Causes
- Misdiagnosis Risks
- Trauma-Focused Interventions
- Trauma-focused Interventions for Specific Groups of IPV Survivors
- Integrative Interventions Addressing Trauma for IPV Survivors
- Application of trauma-focused interventions for IPV survivors
- Trauma Recovery vs. Trauma Symptom Reduction
- Group vs. Individual Sessions
- Recommendations and Cautions for Practitioners
- Understanding Dynamics of IPV
- Focus on Cultural Influences
- Use of Non-clinicians For Treatment Delivery