Florida Laws and Rules Refresher Course
(3 CEU Hours)
INSTRUCTIONS: Please review the course text and preview the course post-test linked below prior to enrolling in the course. It is recommended to print a copy of the course post-test preview and mark your answers as your read through the text. When you are ready to complete the course, click the “take this course” button and complete the course post-test. You will able to print or save your certificate after completing the post-test.
Author(s): Bryan Glazier, PhD, LMFT, LMHC
Course Description: Every year disciplinary actions are levied by professional boards against licensed behavioral health providers due to actions by practitioners that could have easily been avoided. These administrative complaints were preventable through the simple adherence to the laws and rules of the respective licensing state, This advanced level course reviews the Florida Statutes and Administrative Codes as they relate to the Practice of Mental Health and Psychotherapy in the State of Florida.
Through the completion of this course, learners will gain awareness and understanding of Florida Laws and Rules and how they apply to Professional Psychotherapy in the State of Florida:
At the completion of this course, participants should achieve the ability to:
- Review Florida Standards of Practice for licensed providers.
- Examine regulations related to marketing and advertising.
- Outline the concept of Confidentiality and its limits.
- Survey the role, responsibility, and ownership of Client Records.
- Explore the regulations for Supervision and qualifications of a qualified supervisor.
- Assess the dynamics of Professional Relationships.
- Define what constitutes Sexual Misconduct.
- Develop an awareness of potential disciplinary actions by the Florida Board.