Course Author: Bryan Glazier, PhD, LMFT, LMHC
Text: National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke and the National Institute on Aging. The Dementias: Hope Through Research. HHS Publication No.13-2252. Rockville, MD: National Institute of Health,2013.
Agenda: Anytime Learning/Homestudy/Web-based
Through the completion of this course, learners will gain awareness of the different types of dementia, symptoms, risks, treatment strategies, and current research:
- Develop an awareness of how the different types of the cognitive impairment disorder, dementia
- Identify potential risk factors for dementia.
- Explore the diagnosis process and treatment strategies.
- Examine the various current research programs and focus.
- The Basics of Dementia
- Types of Dementia
- Vascular Dementia and Vascualr Cognitive Impairment
- Mixed Dementia
- Other Conditions that Cause Dementia
3. Risk Factors for Dementia
- Diagnosis and Treatment
4. Current Research Focuses
To complete this course, please review the course text and post-test below. When you are ready to purchase the course and submit the post-test, click “Complete Post-Test”.